Do you want to convert kilos to pounds or convert pounds to kilograms? Use our online bidirectional weight converter. The kilograms to pounds converter is a useful tool for anyone who needs to convert weight units between the metric and imperial systems.
The kilogram (kg) is the standard unit of measure for weight in the metric system, while the pound (lb) is the standard unit of measure for weight in the imperial system.
The kilograms to pounds converter is a web application that allows you to convert weight values from kilograms to pounds and vice versa. It's a simple and easy-to-use tool that only requires an input value and a button to perform the conversion. The converter can be accessed from any device with internet access, such as computers, smartphones and tablets.
Pounds to Kilos and Kilos to Pounds Converter
How to use kilograms to pounds converter
To use the kilograms to pounds converter, just follow these steps:
- Access the kilograms to pounds converter page in your web browser.
- Choose the conversion direction you want to perform – from kilograms to pounds or from pounds to kilograms.
- Enter the weight value you want to convert into the input field.
- Click the corresponding conversion button to perform the conversion.
- The result of the conversion will be displayed in the output field, with the corresponding unit of measure.
The kilograms to pounds converter can be used for a variety of purposes, such as measuring the weight of objects, calculating the weight of food for recipes or diets, or converting a person's weight between the metric system and the imperial system.
Development of the kilograms to pounds converter
- To convert from kilograms to pounds, the value in kilograms is multiplied by 2.20462.
- To convert from pounds to kilograms, the pound value is divided by 2.20462.
Which countries use pounds as a measure?
The pound (lb) is the most common unit of weight measurement in the British imperial measurement system, which is widely used in the United Kingdom and other countries that have British influence in their culture and history. Some of the countries that use the pound as a standard measure are:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Cayman Islands
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- british virgin islands
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Furthermore, the pound is also used in some other parts of the world as an informal unit of measurement for weight, although the metric system is the official measurement in these countries. For example, the pound is widely used in countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, where it is common for people to refer to weight in terms of kilograms and pounds.
Which countries use kilograms as a measure?
The kilogram (kg) is the standard weight measurement unit in the metric system, which is widely used around the world. The vast majority of countries in the world use the metric system as the standard measure for weight, including:
- All European Union countries
- Most countries in Asia, Africa and South America
- Australia (although the pound is also used informally)
- New Zealand (although the pound is also used informally)
- Canada (although the pound is used in some contexts, such as food)
How do I convert price per kg to price per pound?
To convert price per kilogram (kg) to price per pound (lb), you need to follow these steps:
- Divide the price per kg by the conversion rate from kilograms to pounds. The conversion rate for kilograms to pounds is 2.20462 (i.e. 1 kg = 2.20462 lb).
- Round the result to the desired number of decimal places.
- This result is the price per pound.
For example, to convert the price of R$20.00 per kg to price per pound:
- Divide R$20.00 by 2.20462 to get R$9.07.
- Round the result to two decimal places to get R$9.07 per pound.
Therefore, the price of R$20.00 per kg is equivalent to R$9.07 per pound.
Keep in mind that the conversion rate from kilograms to pounds is a constant, so you can use the same conversion rate to convert any price per kg to a price per pound.
Common Kilos and Pounds Conversion Table
Below we will leave a table of measures from kilograms to pounds and then a table from pounds to kilograms with the main measures calculated.
|Measure in kg||measurement in lb|
|0.5 kg||1.102 lbs|
|1 kg||2.205 lbs|
|2 kg||4.409 lbs|
|5 kg||11.023 lbs|
|10 kg||22.046 lbs|
|20 kg||44.092 lbs|
|50 kg||110.231 lbs|
|62 kg||136.687 lbs|
|80 kg||176.37 lbs|
|100 kg||220.462 lbs|
|200 kg||440.925 lbs|
|500 kg||1,102,311 lbs|
|1000 kg||2,204,623 lbs|
|measurement in lb||Measure in kg|
|1 lb||0.454 kg|
|2.2 lb||1,000 kg|
|5 lb||2.268 kg|
|10 lb||4.536 kg|
|20 lb||9.072 kg|
|50 lb||22.679 kg|
|100 lb||45.359 kg|
|200 lbs||90.718 kg|
|500 lb||226.796 kg|
|1000 lb||453.592 kg|
|2000 lb||907.185 kg|